Useful alignment tools:
- Franklin Balls - Awesome massage therapy balls.
- Soft Foam Roller - Do you have a love/hate relationship with foam rollers? If so, this one is for you. It's made of a squishy material that is both more gentle & and more effective than a standard foam roller.
- Squatty Potty - Maintain good alignment even in the bathroom.
- Half foam roller - An essential RE tool with many uses.
- Monster band - I highly recommend the yellow one!
- Yoga bolster - High quality, affordable bolsters.
- Yoga strap
- Yoga Tune Up Therapy Balls
- Yoga Tune Up Coregeous Ball - A soft, inflatable ball that is gentle enough for abdominal massage.
Books by Katy Bowman:
- Move Your DNA (Expanded Edition): Restore Your Health Through Natural Movement
- Movement Matters: Essays on Movement Science, Movement Ecology, and the Nature of Movement
- Diastasis Recti: The Whole Body Solution to Abdominal Weakness & Separation
- Don't Just Sit There
- Whole Body Barefoot: Transitioning Well to Minimal Footwear
- Alignment Matters: The First Five Years of Katy Says
- Every Woman's Guide to Foot Pain Relief: The New Science of Healthy Feet
Other recommended reading:
- Dynamic Alignment Through Imagery (Eric Franklin)
- The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body (Jill Miller)
- Job's Body: A Handbook For Bodywork (Deane Juhan)
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma (Bessel van der Kolk MD)